IoT for Healthcareis helping to advance healthcare and drive down costs
Rising costs and limited workforce are motivating the healthcare industry to innovate IoT-enabled solutions that improve patient experiences and simplify access to care. From remotely monitoring patients in their homes or on the go, to increasing efficiency for care teams and facilities, IoT connectivity is helping to advance healthcare and drive down costs.
That sort of disruption is evident in the healthcare sector, where the pen and paper has been the primary means of recording patient information for decades. But now, healthcare technology is changing in major ways.
Healthcare applications now let patients schedule their appointments without the need to call a doctor’s office and wait for a receptionist. Healthcare information technology lets doctors carry information with them anywhere they go through apps on their smartphones.
And this increasing connectivity shows no signs of slowing down. In fact, it’s only accelerating.
In short, more connection means more accessible data and better healthcare for patients. Below, we’ve laid out a roadmap of healthcare’s past, present, and future thanks to the IoT.
Healthcare organizations can take advantage of include the following:
- Enhanced Patient Experience: The connectivity of the health care system through the internet of things, places emphasis on the needs of the patient. That is, proactive treatments, improved accuracy when it comes to diagnosis, timely intervention by physicians and enhanced treatment outcomes result in accountable care that is highly trusted among patients.
- Improved Disease Management: When patients are monitored on a continuous basis and health care providers are able to access real time data, diseases are treated before they get out of hand.
- Decreased Costs: When healthcare providers take advantage of the connectivity of the healthcare solutions, patient monitoring can be done on a real time basis, thus significantly cutting down on unnecessary visits by doctors. In particular, home care facilities that are advanced are guaranteed to cut down on hospital stays and re-admissions.
- Improved Outcomes of Treatment: Connectivity of health care solutions through cloud computing or other virtual infrastructure gives caregivers the ability to access real time information that enables them to make informed decisions as well as offer treatment that is evidence based. This ensures health care provision is timely and treatment outcomes are improved.
- Reduced Errors: Accurate collection of data, automated workflows combined with data driven decisions are an excellent way of cutting down on waste, reducing system costs and most importantly minimizing on errors.
- Enhanced Management of Drugs: Creation as well as management of drugs is a major expense in the healthcare industry. Even then, with IoT processes and devices, it is possible to manage these costs better.
IntelZone – As an End-to-End IoT Services company, we can help simplifying harvesting the value of IoT for our customers. As trusted advisors, we help our clients releasing the power of their live and historic sensor-data. More details: intelzone.com